Thursday, December 29, 2016

ShareLord's strategy - Collared Call aka Hedge Wrapper

Note:  The reason why I read up about this strategy is because I watched a Youtube video about what Sharelord does.  I thought that there is no need to reinvent the wheel if someone is teaching it.  Thus, the first strategy I tried to read up about is this.  

----------------------------

Name: Collared Call aka Hedge wrapper

Strategy type:  Protective
Outcome:  Prevents extreme losses but also limits extreme gains

Timing:  After the stocks you own has made substantial gains

How it works:
1.  You need to own the stock (pre-requisite)
2.  You need to BUY out-of-money PUT options (insures against falling px)
3.  You need to SELL out-of-money CALL options (locks in some profit and makes some income)

Profit-Loss hack:  The stock is dividend paying and you do 2 and 3 after dividend is paid. 

-------- Note --------
  • 1 + 2 = Protective PUT (aka Married Put)
  • 1 + 3 = Covered CALL (aka Covered Call)
-----------------------

Calculations:
  • Profit = CALL strike price -  stock purchase price + CALL income - PUT insurance - all commission
  • Loss =  PUT strike price - stock purchase price + CALL income - PUT insurance - all commission


Video information available:

For a more profitable variation, read


No comments:

Post a Comment